About This Product Management Course
You will select a product idea to explore and use it as a vehicle for the course. Starting with the formation of a product discovery team and proceeding through lean UX practices, participants design a product with measurable impact.
As part of the discovery process, you use tools like opportunity mapping, collaborative framing, pragmatic personas, story mapping and customer journeys to elaborate and visualize a product story. For people working with Agile teams, this course helps build strong product backlogs with better stories, as well as provides insights into continuous product discovery that feeds continuous product delivery and learning.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the conditions necessary to achieve product agility
- Review the product ownership group’s place in that as well as the benefits they gain on behalf of the business by working this way
- Gain an understanding of the levers POs may pull to steer product direction
- Answer the question “What’s in it for me?” from different perspectives on a product team
- Overview of product discovery and delivery as well as product thinking and lean UX
- Use tools for collaborative framing, pragmatic personas, story mapping, customer journeys, sketching and define measurable impacts (KPIs, OKRs, etc.)
- Embrace the reality that many product ideas may be wrong and early validation is essential
- Add clarity and measure impact with acceptance tests
- Create an ongoing cadence for product discovery that feeds product delivery and ultimately fuels product learning
Who Should Take This Course
- Product owners
- Product managers
- UX developers
- Tech leads
- Leaders within the discovery cadence
A certificate is provided upon successful completion of the course.
One-day, virtual, instructor-led courses
$1,195 per person
If you are interested in learning about special team rates and private classes for Federal government and government contractor organizations, email mailto:[email protected].
None are currently scheduled. Check back for future course dates.