About This Intelligence Community Online Course
This self-paced, online course, created by FedLearn content partner, ChatGPT Trainings, will empower you to harness the full potential of OpenAI’s revolutionary tool, ChatGPT, through the art of prompt engineering. In simple terms, prompt engineering is an artificial intelligence/natural language processing concept that involves refining AI inputs (typically as a query) to yield beneficial text outputs.
ChatGPT is a text-to-text generative AI that is reshaping the way people interact with technology and provides a myriad of applications across various industries.
In this online course, you will learn to effectively apply ChatGPT to relevant use cases in the Intelligence Community and tackle the unique challenges of working with sensitive data and information with AI models. Throughout the course, we’ll guide you through various prompt engineering techniques, enabling you to craft better AI prompts and achieve more accurate and tailored outputs.
The course is made up of four lessons:
- Prompt Engineering
- Best Practices
- Next Steps (including Intelligence Community use case deep dives)
What You Will Learn
- Understand ChatGPT—its capabilities, limitations and its position in the AI landscape
- Effectively apply prompt engineering techniques in intelligence analysis—leveraging ChatGPT to address relevant Intelligence Community use cases and challenges involving sensitive data and information
- Learn how to communicate with ChatGPT in a conversational manner—providing clear feedback and context refinement for improved outputs
- Grasp how to use advanced prompt engineering techniques, such as [format] and “act as,” to guide ChatGPT’s responses and train it to reflect your unique writing style
- Understand responsible ChatGPT use by assessing and managing associated risks—particularly when handling sensitive data—taking appropriate precautions and consulting legal departments, when necessary
- Describe advancements in AI language models and how to access and leverage new features and extended context capabilities of tools like GPT-4
Nathan Hunter, the founder of ChatGPT Trainings and Amazon bestselling author of The Art of Prompt Engineering with ChatGPT. Mr. Hunter is working to shift organizations from a basic “try this prompt’” approach to using AI-enabled tools, such as ChatGPT, to a more nuanced mastery of prompt engineering. This new skill is vital to both the public and private sector workforces as technology pivots away from graphical user interfaces to conversational interfaces. Having lead training courses in more than 30 countries over the past decade in both technical and “soft” skills, he brings a unique and engaging training approach that places the learner experience at the heart of each course.
Who Should Take This Online Course
This online course is designed for Intelligence Community and government contractor professionals keen on leveraging the power of AI in their day-to-day work activities. This course will guide you on how to use ChatGPT and prompt engineering to enhance your productivity, improve the quality of your deliverables and remain updated regarding advancements in AI language models that can impact your work and agency mission.
None. However, prior completion of the FedLearn course, Introduction to AI/Machine Learning Concepts & Terminology (AIDATA109), is strongly recommended.
To achieve a course certificate of completion, you must score 80 percent or higher on graded lesson quizzes throughout the course (following the FedLearn honor code).
Self-paced, online training course
Individual courses are $99 (per person).
Seat licenses to access the entire FedLearn Intelligence Community catalog are also available. Click here to learn more and purchase.
If you are interested in learning about special team rates for Federal government and government contractor organizations, email [email protected].
Continuing Education Units
This course provides 1 CEU..