About This Intelligence Community Course
This course explains why it is critical to structure analysis to improve intelligence. Gain the basic skills necessary to produce logically sound, descriptive intelligence analyses in support of work for your customers.
The course is the second in a four-part FedLearn learning series. By the end of this series, you will be able to apply:
- Apply critical thinking throughout the analytic process
- Identify and mitigate biases to reveal unstated assumptions
- Refine and clarify intelligence questions
- Assess evidence and evaluate arguments
- Select and apply the appropriate analytic techniques; and evaluate and validate previous analytic conclusions.
The course aligns to the Defense Intelligence Agency Certified Defense All-Source Analyst certification Body of Knowledge Topic Area 5 – Structured Analytic Techniques.
What You Will Learn
- Apply problem restatement techniques to identify the root of the problem and properly frame the intelligence question to answer
- Use the divergent/convergent technique to generate ideas and select the most promising ones for implementation
- Learn how to apply the pros-cons-and-fixes technique to overcome negativity and properly weigh and address associated risks
- Use sorting, chronologies and timelines techniques to organize and order the information to aid intelligence analysis
Who Should Take This Course
This course is intended for new intelligence analysts working for either Federal government agencies or government contractors who have little to no prior experience and want to develop the basic skills necessary to produce logically sound, descriptive intelligence analyses. It is also an excellent refresher for more experienced intelligence analysts.
This course is the second in a four-part FedLearn learning series.
Structured Analytic Techniques: An Introduction (ICAT103) course is the prerequisite for this course.
After finishing this course, it is highly recommended that you to take the third course in the series, Structured Analytic Techniques: Diagnostic Techniques I (ICAT115), to continue to advance your knowledge.
To achieve a course certificate of completion, you must score 80 percent or higher on graded lesson quizzes and a final exam.
Self-paced, online training course
Individual courses are $124.99 (per person)
Seat licenses to access the entire FedLearn Intelligence Community catalog a re also available. Click here to learn more and purchase
If you are interested in learning about special team rates for Federal government and government contractor organizations, email [email protected].
Continuing Education Unit Credits
This course provides .8 CEUs.