About This Online Course
In this online course, created by FedLearn content partner, SandboxAQ, you will obtain a solid overview of the fundamental concepts of quantum science and their applications in quantum technologies.
By the end of this self-paced, online training course, which should take 90 to 120 minutes to complete, you will be able to state the key opportunities, challenges and risks in quantum technology research and development. You will also be able to distinguish between reasonable scientific claims and hype in companies, products and funding proposals.
We will equip you with the ability to communicate the basic principles of quantum science in a non-technical way to non-specialists, and how these tenets are useful for all quantum technologies. You also will be able to comfortably discuss quantum technologies, including quantum sensing, post-quantum cryptography and quantum simulation. Lastly, you will understand investments and priorities in quantum technologies from governments around the world.
Join us on this exciting journey to learn about the future of quantum technologies and how they will shape our world!
What You Will Learn
- Understand the key opportunities, challenges and risks in quantum technology research and development
- Distinguish between reasonable scientific claims and hype in companies, products and funding proposals
- Communicate in a non-technical way about the basic principles of quantum science and how they are useful for all quantum technologies to non-specialists
- Grasp how to have a basic conversation about quantum technologies, including quantum sensing, post-quantum cryptography and quantum simulation
- Understand quantum technology and evaluate and compare the value of quantum technology hardware
- Understand investments and priorities in quantum technologies from governments around the world
Dr. Tai-Danae Bradley is a research mathematician at SandboxAQ. Dr. Bradley earned her Doctorate in Mathematics from the Central University of New York Graduate Center. She is creator of the mathematics blog, Math3ma, and a former cohost of PBS Infinite Series.
Dr. Stefan Leichenauer is the vice president of engineering at SandboxAQ. Dr. Leichenauer earned his Doctorate in Physics from University of California, Berkeley. He has a research background in string theory.
Dr. Paul Kassebaum is the public sector technical director at SandboxAQ Dr. Kassebaum earned his Doctorate in Theoretical Physics from the Worcester Polytechnic Institute. He previously held roles with MathWorks and IBM’s quantum computing division
Who Should Take This Online Course
This online course is perfect for anyone who is new to the world of quantum technology and is either innately curious or know that their role or mission is likely to be impacted by quantum technology. Minimal technical knowledge is required, but a basic understanding of artificial intelligence, cloud computing and other modern technologies is recommended.
A certificate of course certificate of completion is available after successfully finishing this online training course.
Self-paced, online training course
Individual courses are $99 (per person).
If you are interested in learning about special team rates for Federal government and government contractor organizations, email [email protected].
Continuing Education Unit Credits
This course provides 1.5 of CEUs.